Service Crane Company, a full service material handling company specialized in overhead cranes and hoists, is looking for a general manager to help support our growing business. Our team is an integral part of the material handling industry. As a member of the team, you will work closely with outside sales and operations to identify and qualify new leads.
- Increase sales and develop new customers while maintaining gross profit.
- Manage and develop sales staff – Work with personnel at different levels of technical and sales knowledge/experience. – Training in both technical and sales strategies. Hire, train, retain both inside and outside sales personnel.
- Improve customer service/experience
- Lead sales meetings, regular staff meetings, training/information sessions
- Support outside sales staff in meeting customer needs
- Work with customers, sales, and operations to create a partnership where we take care of all the customers’ cranes and hoist needs.
- Develop/implement strategies to sell more onsite service contracts
- Develop processes/procedures to help – Standardize quoting and make it as efficient and accurate as possible. – Utilize tools like Salesforce, InspectAll and Sage – Improve communication with inside/outside sales, service/ops, and customers.
- Work with salespeople to close large sales and set up new customers.
- Work with marketing to develop newsletters, email and print marketing pieces, and advise on updates/changes to the website. Help write and review content prior to it being published.
- Be able to type an average of 55 wpm
- Have a professional appearance & positive attitude
- Be organized and detail oriented
- Possess time management skills
- Be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Exercise good judgment
- Have exceptional work attendance
- Have a sense of urgency in completing tasks and a commitment to do whatever it takes to get the job done right.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- A commitment to completing tasks correctly and on-time
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
Education and/or Experience:
- Management experience preferred
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid vacation time and holidays
- Contributions to Simple IRA
Completed applications can be sent to [email protected]. Potential candidates will be contact via phone or email.